Jury Review and Nomination: Only the members of the juries, including the Chair and Assistant Chair will debate, vote on, and nominate titles for these awards. All communications and discussions on titles under consideration will be managed by the Chair and Assistant Chair of that jury.
There will be no effort to influence or provide input on title submission, debate, or voting by members of the Administration or Organization that is Pop Culture Classroom or by show management of the Denver Comic Con, nor by any other organization, company, or individuals involved with the abovementioned operations.
The following criteria are all included in the consideration of each title that is submitted to the juries for review and possible selection. While elements may be considered subjective the overall intent is to provide guidelines for the juries to use in the nomination process.
Jury members will consider the following questions when evaluating submitted titles:
- Is the story of superior quality?
- Does the artwork and art style advance the storytelling?
- Is this story factually accurate? (Nonfiction)
- Is this a unique contribution? Does it advance the format?
- Is the book’s design functional and aesthetic?
- Titles submitted for consideration for the Excellence in Graphic Literature Awards will be reviewed, and possibly selected, as a finalist for their category between December 1st, 2017 and March 15th, 2018.
- Finalists will be announced on this website March 15th, 2018.
- Award winners will be announced during Denver Comic Con at the Excellence in Graphic Literature Award Ceremony on June 16th, 2018.