EGL Submission Criteria
- Titles may be submitted for consideration by a verifiable author, editor, or publisher.
- Members of the juries and advisory board may reach out to authors, editors, or publishers to encourage submission of a specific title(s). This does not guarantee nomination.
- No weighting will be applied based on the publishing house, author, artists, or editorial staff involved with the publishing of any title.
- Titles submitted for consideration will be assigned to one of four juries: Children, Middle Grade, Young Adult, or Adult.
- Titles submitted will be in finished, printed, hard copy editions only. EBook, web comic, or other forms beyond printed matter will not be considered.
- Titles will have a publication and distribution date that falls between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
- Titles may be published outside the territories of the U.S. but must have 2017 distribution in the U.S. territories to qualify for consideration.
- Single comic book magazines or stories published exclusively in single magazine format will not be accepted. However, collected editions of material previously published in single magazine format are acceptable as long as the publication date of the collection falls within the date parameters for that year’s award.