Pop Culture Classroom is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
At Pop Culture Classroom, we promote diversity by nurturing a culture of inclusion and not just representation.
TO APPLY: PLEASE READ JOB DESCRIPTION FOR SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
PAID OPPORTUNITIES AT POP CULTURE CLASSROOM
POP CULTURE CLASSROOM IS SEEKING AN ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Pop Culture Classroom (PCC) is hiring a part-time Administrative Assistant to provide general administrative support to Pop Culture Classroom, Denver Comic Con and all our associated programs.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and direct office visitors, answer main office telephone system, respond to direct requests for information and/or forward messages to appropriate staff
- Receive and distribute all incoming mailing and coordinates outgoing mail, including courier services, bulk mailing, postage meter account, and interoffice mail distribution
- Provide administrative support to staff for copying and faxing
- Maintain an orderly and clean office
- Coordinate conference room schedule
- Assist with coordination of board and volunteer activities and events
- Book travel and hotel arrangements, as needed
- Coordinate materials for meetings and training sessions and other activities of the organization, including preparation of materials for the Board of Directors
- Provide meeting support, as needed (e.g., scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics, etc.)
Records and Data Management:
- Assist with the completion of filings for the organization
- Maintain and update databases and paper files as needed
- Coordinate supply orders for Denver Comic Con and Pop Culture Classroom
Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested with a sense of humor and team spirit
- Minimum two years office administrative support experience
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills, including prioritization, multi-tasking, focusing on details and working under pressure
- Some experience and skill in the use of Office 365 and Microsoft products, especially Excel and Outlook
- Familiarity with Denver Comic Con and Pop Culture Classroom
- Some college education
- Knowledge of NetSuite and payroll systems
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Event organizing experience
Send resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com AND send printed copies of the same materials via postal mail to: Pop Culture Classroom attn: Hiring Manager, 1391 Speer Blvd. Suite 360, Denver, CO, 80204. BOTH the electronic and the printed applications are due by Friday, January 6, 2017.
This is a part-time (20-25 hr/wk) position based at the PCC offices. Many additional hours of work will be required during the Denver Comic Con (June 30-July 2, 2017). Salary is $18,000/yr. plus a $400/mo stipend.
Pop Culture Classroom is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.