Marketing and Communications Manager
Pop Culture Classroom is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager
Pop Culture Classroom—a Denver-based literacy and arts nonprofit—is hiring a Marketing and Communication Manager to oversee the marketing, communications and public relations campaigns that support the long term strategic goals of Pop Culture Classroom, Denver Pop Culture Con (formerly Denver Comic Con), Reno Pop Culture Con and all our associated programs.
- Oversee the planning, development and implementation of the marketing, public relations and communications strategy that includes social media, print and digital content and email marketing.
- Work with other team members to develop and implement event-related media communications.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging and marketing and communications strategy are infused in all organizational efforts (programming, development, network support).
- Oversee the day-to-day marketing & communications activities, including, but not limited to, budget oversight and supervision of one year-round team member as well as several contractors and volunteers.
- Ensure collection of marketing data and use data analytics to make strategic and data-driven decisions
- Minimum four years of experience in marketing and communications, preferably with nonprofit and/or event marketing. Experience should include both managing projects and managing people.
- Demonstrated record of success in developing and managing strategic marketing and communications plans, media relations and marketing campaigns that advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications, website management, and digital/social media content creation and management
- BA (or higher) in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in WordPress CMS and HTML/CSS coding
- Knowledge of Pop Culture Classroom, Denver Pop Culture Con (formerly Denver Comic Con) and geek culture in general
- Fluent in Spanish, written and oral
Send resume, cover letter and two writing samples via email to email@example.com Application deadline is Wednesday, November 6th, 2019. No phone calls please. .
This is a full-time (40 hr/wk) position based at the PCC offices. Some evening and weekend work will be necessary, and many additional hours of work will be required during the Denver Pop Culture Con (July 3-5, 2020) and Reno Pop Culture Con (dates TBD). Annual salary is $ 55,000. PCC provides fully paid employee health insurance as well as a 3% matching retirement plan contribution.
Pop Culture Classroom is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.
Event Sponsorship Sales Representative
Pop Culture Classroom (PCC), a Denver-based arts & literacy nonprofit, is seeking an energetic sales professional to secure sponsors for our annual signature event: Denver Pop Culture Con (formerly known as Denver Comic Con).
This position is responsible for meeting an annual sponsorship sales goal via the following activities:
- Soliciting, cultivating and closing prospective sponsors
- Working with the PCC marketing and convention teams to ensure sales materials and presentations align with overall event goals and concept
- Working with PCC marketing and convention teams to ensure fulfillment of sponsorship agreements
- Being present at Denver Pop Culture Con from load-in to show through load-out and to oversee at least one volunteer in onsite fulfillment
This is a part-time commission-based position. A successful sales rep in this position could earn an estimated $25,000-50,000 in commissions in their first year, depending on performance. This is a contracted position without benefits. The Event Sponsorship Sales Representative reports to the Convention Director.
- Three years overall sales experience
- Demonstrated success at sponsorship sales
- Event marketing experience
- Knowledge of Denver Pop Culture Con and pop culture in general
- Experience with experiential marketing activations at events
Please send cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 18, 2019. No phone calls please.
Pop Culture Classroom is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity