PCC Digital Marketing Coordinator
Job Description (July 2019)
The Digital Marketing Coordinator develops and distributes marketing content across multiple platforms in support of the marketing, communications and public relations strategies that support the long-term strategic goals of Pop Culture Classroom, Denver Pop Culture Con (formerly Denver Comic Con), Reno Pop Culture Con and all our associated programs. The Digital Marketing Coordinator reports to the Interim Marketing Director.
- Write, schedule and organize the creation of blog content, social media content and email marketing campaigns for Denver Pop Culture Con, the Classroom, Reno Pop Culture Con and the Excellence in Graphic Literature Awards in order to attract repeat visits, promote marketing and communication priorities, drive results, and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Serve as chief implementer for all digital communication and marketing projects, including email marketing, blogging, text marketing, mobile applications, and social media.
- Actively participates in all communications plan development by contributing digital strategies and tactics that supported plan objectives.
- Serve as copywriter for digital projects, including researching and writing blog, social media and email content.
- Conduct ongoing secondary visitor research and analysis, and participate in the development of primary visitor research as required to better understand and anticipate visitor needs.
- Work collaboratively with graphic designers, web developers, and stakeholders to complete digital projects.
- If needed, coordinate the creation of printed assets (e.g. flyers, brochures), advertisements, web graphics, social graphics, printed program, etc.
- 1-2 years digital marketing experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- BA (or higher) in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in WordPress CMS and HTML/CSS coding
- Knowledge of Pop Culture Classroom, Denver Pop Culture Con (formerly Denver Comic Con) and geek culture in general
- Fluent in Spanish, written and oral
This is a part-time (25-30 hr/wk) position based at the PCC offices. Some evening and weekend work is necessary and many additional hours of work are required during Reno Pop Culture Con (Nov. 8-10, 2019) and Denver Pop Culture Con (July 3-5, 2020). Annual salary is $ 30,000. Position includes fully paid health insurance, matching 403b retirement program and a generous vacation policy.
To apply, send resume, cover letter and two writing samples via email to firstname.lastname@example.org AND send printed copies of the same materials via postal mail to: Pop Culture Classroom attn: Hiring Manager, 2760 W. 5th Ave, Denver, CO, 80204. No phone calls please. Both the electronic and the printed applications are due by July 29, 2019.
Pop Culture Classroom is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.