Pop Culture Classroom is currently seeking candidates for the following:
Classroom Programming Coordinator
Title: Classroom Programming Coordinator (Contract Position)
Reports to: Education Program Manager
Summary: Contract position responsible for administration, communication, and coordination relating to Pop Culture Classroom’s educational programming.
Compensation and benefits: $20 per hour
Hourly Expectation: 20 hours per week (end date December 31st, 2021)
Description: Pop Culture Classroom (PCC) is a Denver-based educational nonprofit that offers pop culture-based educational programs in schools, youth centers, libraries, nonprofits, and detention centers across Colorado. The Education Program also develops graphic novel teaching guides, educational comics, and pop culture-based curricula available for download at no cost.
We are currently seeking a Classroom Programming Coordinator who will help us in coordinating local outreach opportunities that support our mission of igniting a love of learning, increasing literacy, celebrating diversity and building community through the tools of pop culture and the power of self-expression. Our ideal candidate is someone with strong communication and organization skills, a background in pop culture (comics, gaming, art, design, digital media, etc.) and/or education, and who is excited to join a vibrant and diverse educational community, work with diverse and underserved populations, and build one-of-a-kind learning experiences for learners of all ages. This position is currently contracted only through December 31st, 2021, but is renewable based on need and funding available.
Applications Due: Friday June 18th, 2021
Start Date: July 6th
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with Education Program Manager to execute PCC’s educational programming.
- Manage the Education@ e-mail account fielding general inquiries, outreach inquiries, and directing communications through proper channels.
- Schedule outreach workshops with outside organizations and coordinate with Human Resources Manager to invoice them for our services.
- Work with outreach organizations to determine scope and content of workshops and determine programming dates and times.
- Manage communications between PCC, PCC instructors, and outreach organizations. This includes:
- Scheduling PCC Instructors for workshops and connecting them with outreach organizations.
- Confirming details with outreach partners and PCC instructors such as class size, age ranges, additional adult support, materials, check-in location, virtual programming supports and links, etc.
- Rescheduling workshops if necessary.
- Coordinate with outreach organizations for data collection, survey administration, photo release forms, and other materials.
- Coordinate the acquisition and delivery of supplies for programming.
- As needed, be present to support in-person workshops and educational programming at community events.
- Manage registration for public-facing workshops and camps.
- Maintain detailed, accurate tracking of program details (release forms, evaluations, student participation, teacher scheduling, and other related details) for each program and provide periodic reports to supervisor(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership, reliability, stability, and responsibility
- Ability to keep a detailed history of communications around programming
- Ability to creatively solve problems on the spot
- Ability to travel to and from workshops as needed
- Comfortable carrying materials (up to 30 pounds) to and from workshops
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation
- Some flexibility in work hours
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience teaching in a classroom setting (K-12 preferred)
- Experience with contemporary pop culture and knowledge of its influences/history
- Experience with utilization of pop culture as an educational tool
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
Any applicant who advances through the interview process must pass a background check.
Pop Culture Classroom is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.
Not benefits eligible.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.