Educators can explore the best of pop culture at FAN EXPO Denver — and participate in professional development and educational programs to enhance student learning through gaming, comics, movies, and other pop culture.
At Educator’s Day, teachers, librarians, administrators, teaching assistants, homeschool educators, and education program students get the chance to attend the convention, hone their craft, and learn how to exercise the power of pop culture in their classrooms through dedicated programming.
Past Educator’s Day Sessions
- Teaching Historical Inquiry with Pop Culture
- Fandom as Pedagogy: Geeking Up Your Classroom
- Pop Culture as Differentiated Products
- Local History with Dungeons and Dragons
- Anime Goes to College
- Ping Me: How Competitive Gaming Teams Use High-Performance Language
- Social/Emotional Learning through Dungeons & Dragons
- Social/Emotional Learning with Graphic Novels
- Video Games as 21st Century Literature
New: Your registration for Educators’ Day comes with free admission to Pop Culture Classroom’s Educator Appreciation Night, Thursday, June 30, at Denver’s Bierstadt Biergarten. Enjoy games, networking, trivia, and two free drinks on us as thanks for your efforts for students.
Applications for Pop Culture Classroom’s Educators’ Day at FAN EXPO Denver are now closed. To learn more about our work — and how you can use pop culture to promote literacy, a love of learning, creative self-expression, and diverse, and welcoming communities — please visit us in our Kids’ Lab or at any off our educational panels during the show.