Pop Culture Classroom’s Educational Programs at FAN EXPO Denver: SPECIAL EDITION offer students, educators, families, and fans of all ages an awesome opportunity to create, imagine, learn, and connect through pop culture.
With more than 60 hours of programming and activities specifically dedicated to the educational power of pop culture, you’ll find plenty of one-of-a-kind experiences to inspire a love of learning and connect fans of all ages.
At FAN EXPO Denver: SPECIAL EDITION, you can:
- Create comics, design board games, and experience other pop culture with the help of professional artists, writers, voice actors, and other creators.
- Discover connections between your favorite fandoms the real world
- Experience the power of pop culture as an engaging educational tool and find all-new ways to bring pop culture-based education into your classrooms and communities.
- Join special guests, creators, educators, and fans from across the pop culture spectrum for an exciting weekend of learning and fun.
- And much more!
Pop Culture Classroom invites educators to attend FAN EXPO Denver: SPECIAL EDITION for a free day of educational sessions and pop culture activities on Friday, October 29th that teach the benefits of using pop culture in the classroom.
Educator’s Day provides teachers, librarians, administrators, and other educators the chance to learn about how they can improve their craft using the tools of pop culture and connect with other educators from across Colorado.
To sign up for a spot in Educator’s Day at FAN EXPO Denver: SPECIAL EDITION, apply below.
Experience the Comics
Experience the Comics provides middle and high school students the opportunity to experience the diversity and depth of pop culture through a fun, dynamic educational experience.
During this free full-day experience on Friday, October 29th at FAN EXPO Denver: SPECIAL EDITION, students can gain hands-on experience with a variety of pop culture subjects, as well as:
- Discover connections between their favorite fandoms the real world
- Meet professional creators and explore pop culture-focused career paths
To sign up for the Experience the Comics Program at FAN EXPO Denver: SPECIAL EDITION, apply below.
We are seeking panelists and programs that help educators:
- LEARN how to leverage pop culture media to further their craft as educators.
- DISCUSS how popular culture resources, events and expressions can be successfully integrated into lesson plans for their particular classroom.
- DEVELOP the ability to integrate pop culture into regular education, allowing them to combine relationship development with content education.
PCC welcomes education panel and programming submissions for FAN EXPO Denver: SPECIAL EDITION at the link below.
The Kids’ Lab
The PCC Kids’ Lab is an interactive, family-friendly, educational space dedicated to pop culture enthusiasts of all ages. Located on the main show floor, the Kids’ Lab provides opportunities for families and fans to engage with diverse pop culture-based media and highlights the value of teaching pop culture education in the 21st century.
The PCC Kids’ Lab also brings together exhibiting and programmatic partners from across Denver and Colorado, offering an unprecedented opportunity to engage with and create lasting impressions with a uniquely passionate, diverse audience of thousands of families, educators, and kids at the event.
To secure your spot as a Partner in the PCC Kids’ Lab at FAN EXPO Denver: SPECIAL EDITION, apply below.
Pop Culture Classroom is the featured charity of FAN EXPO Denver: SPECIAL EDITION. A portion of event proceeds supports our year-round work in classrooms, Colorado communities, and the production of free educational resources.
FAN EXPO Denver: SPECIAL EDITION