Thank you for your interest in Pop Culture Classroom’s Experience the Comics at FAN EXPO Denver: SPECIAL EDITION (October 29, 2021).
Pop Culture Classroom’s (PCC) Experience the Comics provides middle and high school students with the opportunity to engage with and learn from leading pop culture creators and educators, including authors, comic creators, filmmakers, game developers, scientists, and more.
Through this free full-day experience Friday, October 29, Pop Culture Classroom helps students to experience a wide variety of pop culture, learn about potential careers from leaders in their fields, revel in the diversity of geekdom, and above all, have fun!
- When is Experience the Comics?
Friday, October 29, 2021
- Where is Experience the Comics?
It will be held at the Colorado Convention Center (700 14th St, Denver, CO 80202). Important note: We cannot provide transportation to and from the event.
- Who can come to Experience the Comics?
Middle and high school students who are unable to afford a day at FAN EXPO Denver: SPECIAL EDITION are welcome to attend. Our goal is to provide an inspiring cultural and educational opportunity that will open minds to creativity and new, potential career opportunities.
Before submitting your application, please review the following policies. By applying to participate in Experience the Comics you agree to follow these guidelines:
- Applying for PCC’s Experience the Comics does not guarantee acceptance or inclusion in the event.
- Applicants are responsible to arrange all necessary transportation to and from the event, for chaperones and students.
- Applicants are responsible for organizing their students and chaperones on site, ensuring that participants receive their badge and attend required activities (opening session, panels, etc.) during Experience the Comics.
- Experience the Comics requires a minimum of 1 adult chaperon per 10-15 students.
- Applications are responsible for obtain permission from all participants and informing students, families, and chaperons of the schedule and requirements.
- Participants are required to attend a minimum of two Experience the Comics track sessions.
- Pop Culture Classroom and Fan Expo Denver are not responsible or liable for Experience the Comics attendees’ supervision or safety (Or something to this effect)
The Experience the Comics application will remain open until September 30, 2021 – and participants will be chosen on a first-come, first-served basis until all spaces are taken.
All applicants should be notified of the status of their application no later than October 6, 2021.