DENVER COMIC CON (DCC) is a three-day, family friendly pop culture fan convention.
Denver Comic Con (DCC) is a 3-day, family-friendly pop culture fan extravaganza, featuring the best in pop culture entertainment. DCC is a program of the Colorado nonprofit Pop Culture Classroom, whose mission is to inspire a love of learning, to increase literacy, celebrate diversity and build community through pop culture education.
The proceeds from this annual event benefit Pop Culture Classroom’s overall educational endeavors.
DCC is one of the few independently operated events of its size and type. Because the event attracts tourists from all over the country, it has a positive impact on the local economy. In fact, more than 75% of our merchants are Colorado-local, and we showcase various local artist talent.
Denver Comic Con promotes education and community, educating children and the general public through pop culture, comics and the bringing together diverse people and interests in our community regardless of age, race, gender or background. By focusing on education and providing guests, programming and events that encourage diversity, we strive to promote tolerance and empower the members of our community.
- 2012 – Our inaugural year’s attendance was 27,700 which was the second largest opening in history for this type of convention.
- 2013 – Second year attendance ballooned to 61,000 making us one of the Top Five biggest comic book conventions in North America.
- 2014 – Third year attendance was 86,500.
- 2015 – Fourth year attendance was 105,000.
- 2016 – Fifth year attendance was 114,900.
Awards and Other Achievements
- Voted “Best Fan Convention 2013″ by Westward Magazine.
- We are the first fan or comic book convention to collaborate with a local brewery (Breckenridge Brewery) to brew and sell a specialty beer, with the name chosen by a fan contest.
- Every year we have 300+ hours of educational programming.
- DCC had dedicated over 9,000 sq feet on the show floor to our younger and teen fans, where they can learn through creating, listen to their favorite comic artist/writer speak, and feel welcomed in the geek community.
- We host a Literary Conference during DCC and offer graduate credits to our educator friends who want to learn how to bring pop culture into the classroom.
- We feature a combined gaming and technology space, focused on providing hands on fun and educational demos, exhibits and sessions.
- We feature an annual cosplay contest and other activities that educate the public on this growing popular subculture and performance art.
We couldn’t pull off this event without the assistance of our volunteers! In 2016, 720 volunteers put in 11,185 hours of their time during Denver Comic Con. Wow! These hours can also help us meet the requirements for matching funds from grants as well as corporate social responsibility programs.
Interested in volunteering for our next event? Please sign up for our newsletter and stay informed of when volunteers sign ups begin.