Last Revised: 2019
- collect information from the Services using an automated software tool or manually on a mass basis;
- use automated means to access the Services, or gain unauthorized access to the Services or to any account or computer system connected to the Services;
- obtain, or attempt to obtain, access to areas of the Site or our systems that are not intended for access by you;
- “flood” the Services with requests or otherwise overburden, disrupt, or harm the Services or our systems;
- restrict or inhibit other users from accessing or using the Services;
- modify or delete any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices that appear on the Site or in the Content; or
- access or use the Services or Content for any unlawful purpose or otherwise beyond the scope of the rights granted herein.
- Ownership. The Services (including the Content) are owned by PCC and its licensors and are protected under copyright, trademark, and other applicable United States and international laws and treaties. Without limiting the foregoing, the trademarks, service marks, and logos displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered marks of PCC and its licensors. You acknowledge and agree that, as between you and PCC, PCC is and shall remain the sole owner of the Services and the Content, including, without limitation, all patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein and thereto.
- User Content.
- 4.1. User Content and Restrictions. The Services may enable users to submit, upload, post, share, display, or transmit to other users (hereinafter, “post”) ideas, information, materials, and other user-generated content (collectively, “User Content”) and interact with others through user comment areas, message boards, and similar user-to-user areas. You may not post any User Content that:
- is unlawful, abusive, malicious, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy rights or right of publicity, or otherwise objectionable;
- constitutes or promotes sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- infringes upon, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party;
- encourages criminal conduct;
- contains false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive claims or content;
- gives the impression that it emanates from or is endorsed by PCC or any other person or entity, if this is not the case; or
- contains any virus, malware, spyware, or other harmful content or code.
- 4.2. Rights You Grant to Us. You hereby grant to PCC an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, and prepare derivative works of any User Content you post on or through the Services for any purpose and in all forms and all media, whether now known or that become known in the future, and you waive any and all claims that you may have now or may hereafter have in any jurisdiction to so-called “rental rights,” “moral rights,” and all rights of “droit moral” in that User Content, even if the User Content is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. If you post User Content, you represent and warrant to PCC that you own or control all rights in and to such User Content and have the right to grant the rights above to us.
- 4.3. No Responsibility. You agree that you are solely responsible for your User Content, and you acknowledge and agree that PCC is not responsible for, and does not endorse, any User Content.
- 4.4. No Obligation to Prescreen, Monitor or Use. PCC does not have, and does not undertake, any obligation to prescreen, monitor, edit, or remove any User Content posted on or through the Services. However, PCC retains the right (but not the obligation), in its sole discretion and for any reason, to prescreen, monitor, edit, remove, or move User Content posted on or through the Services. You acknowledge and agree that we are not obligated to post, keep, or use your User Content.
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and PCC via the Services use electronic means. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us in electronic form, and you agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Change and Suspension.
- 9.1. Changes to the Services. PCC reserves the right to make changes to, suspend, or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) the Services or any portion thereof (including any Content) at any time. You agree that PCC will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such change, suspension, or discontinuance.
- Disclaimer; Limitation of Liability.
- 10.1. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND PCC HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER PCC NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH PCC MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER PCC NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH PCC REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SERVICES, CONTENT, OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
- 10.3. Exclusions. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain warranties or consequential damages, so some of the exclusions and/or limitations in this Section 12 may not apply to you.
- Copyright Infringement. PCC take claims of copyright infringement seriously. It is PCC’s policy to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any Content accessible on the Site infringes your copyright, you may request removal of such Content (or access thereto) by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated below. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), your written notice of alleged copyright infringement must include substantially the following:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Site, a representative list of such works;
- identification of the Content you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that Content;
- adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, email address);
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- a statement that the information in your written notice is accurate; and
- a statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our designated agent to receive DMCA notices is:
Pop Culture Classroom
2760 W. 5th Ave.
Denver, CO 80204
*NOTE: This contact information is for inquiries regarding potential copyright infringement only.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA notice may not be effective. Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that Content on the Site is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
- Third Party Materials. The Services may display, include, or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications and other products services and/or materials) or provide links to third-party websites, services, or applications (collectively, “Third-Party Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that PCC is not responsible for any Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. PCC does not assume and will not have any liability to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them at entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions.
- Linking to the Site. You may link to the Site’s homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage or take advantage of our reputation, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists. The Site must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the homepage. You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- 15.1. Geographic Restrictions. PCC is based in the State of Colorado in the United States. We make no claims that the Services or the Content are accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to and use of the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Pop Culture Classroom
2760 W. 5th Ave.
Denver, CO 80204
Attn: Executive Director