Graphic novel artists, writers, creators, and publishers are invited to submit original, book-length graphic literature for consideration.
Pop Culture Classroom defines Graphic Literature as an art form that synthesizes text and image to present a sequential story or series of stories with lasting artistic, intellectual, literary, and cultural value. This medium incorporates written and graphic elements to create an evocative and complex reading experience.
Submission Rules & Requirements
- Titles must have a publication and distribution date that falls between January 1 and December 31 for that year’s award.
- Submitted titles may be published outside of the United States, but must have distribution within the United States to qualify for consideration.
- Submitted titles must be in finished, ready-to-print digital format. Books must be submitted in English translations if published in another language.
- Single comic media published exclusively in a single-issue format will not be accepted. However, collected editions of material previously published in a single format qualify for consideration, as long as the publication date falls between January 1 and December 31 for that year’s award.
- Titles must be submitted for consideration in one of two distinctions: Fiction or Non-Fiction.
- Titles must be submitted for consideration in one of four categories: Children (Pre-k to 4th Grade/ 0–10yo), Middle-Grade (Grades 5-8 / 10–14 yo), Young Adult (Grades 9-12 / 14–18 yo), or Adult (18+ years old).
- Publishers are allowed to submit a maximum of TWO (2) books per category for each distinction. For example, a publisher may submit 2 Fiction and 2 Non-Fiction titles for each category.
- Every submitted title will be considered for a Book of the Year and/or Mosaic Award nominations.
- Category finalists are eligible for the Reader’s Choice Award, which will be determined by an online vote.
- Members of the juries and advisory board may reach out to authors, editors, or publishers only with the purpose of providing them with the link to the submission form. No other communication between juries and submitting parties will be made.
- Titles must be submitted through the form below.
Submit Your Graphic Novel
Complete submissions must be received no later than March 20, 2022, to be accepted for consideration.
Applications for the 2022 Excellence in Graphic Literature Awards have closed.
If you require an alternate means of submitting your files, please email us. You will receive an email confirming your submission and categories within 5 business days of completing your submission.